Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Speaking of Contests...Alchemy Pickle Company

When I first joined Twitter (which wasn't that long ago but feels like a lifetime now), I spent the whole weekend exploring, following, and getting to know life in 140 characters (or less). One of the companies I happened across is Alchemy Pickle Company, a small local producer of handcrafted fermented food and beverages. I first heard about the company from one of the panel members at a sustainability festival I attended, so I was very excited to be able to locate them and get to know their products.

As luck would have it, they ran a Twitter contest shortly after I started following them, giving away a tasting pack of their products. Today, I picked up my tasty treats from Rebekka herself, who treated my friend and me to a wonderful overview of her food preservation processes. Not only are the treats we collected delicious (we promptly had a tasting party upon returning to the office!), but we were also delighted to learn that they were 100% natural and literally packed with vitamins and nutrients. What a wonderful win this was! If you have a taste for pickled foods, I highly recommend you give this one a try. Some of the best I've ever had.


WHAT: Pickled food tasting pack (contest prize)

WHERE: Alchemy Pickle Company

WHEN: March 26, 2013

COST: Free (contact Rebekka for regular pricing and pick-up locations)

INSIDER DETAILS: Curtido was one of my favourites, so definitely give that a try. Rebekka also offers educational workshops on food preservation and other urban homesteading skills, as well as a small CSA program for her products. Contact her for details if that's something that interests you.

No comments:

Post a Comment