Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Winter Bites - Bite Harder (wtih O&B)

Oliver & Bonacini hosted a Winter Patio Party this evening and I cannot say enough good things about it. Free food, free drinks, great music, and a fantastic atmosphere - what more can a girl ask for?

I have a class on Tuesday nights, so I could only stay for just over an hour before I had to leave. In the time that I was there, mt friends and I drained numerous glasses of tasty libations and intercepted more than one tray of food. On the drink front, there were 4 different kind of wine available, spiked cider, fancy vodka, Stella Artois, and 3 kinds of Muskoka Brewery craft beers. These were all full-size servings (none of that taster business at O&B!) and we could go back as many times as we wanted to (which we did!).

On the food front, there were oysters with chorizo on the grill, fresh oysters at a shucking bar, curry, ribs, pulled pork sliders, deep fried calimari, fancy fries, and yummy bread sticks wrapped in smoked salmon. YUM-MY. In addition, both Stella Artois and Muskoka Brewery were giving out some freebies, and fleece blankets were always up for grabs.

The various food and drink stations were spread out throughout the space and there were plenty of space heaters available to keep the party goers happy. When I got there shortly after 5pm, the party was already hopping. I'm not sure how crowded it got after I left, but while I was there, service was fantastic. Food and drink offerings were plentiful and we didn't have to line up for anything. Well thought out, well planned, well executed, generous, and a pleasure to be at - this one is definitely a winner in my books!

WHAT: Oliver & Bonacini Winter Patio Party

WHERE: Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, 33 Yonge St

WHEN: March 5, 5:00-9:00 pm

COST: Free

INSIDER TIPS: I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you can, get there early! Although with this party, it looked like they were well prepared and weren't going to run out of anything soon. All the same, once those present started frantically texting their friends to come down to this amazing event they were at, the space started filling up more, which made for a slightly longer commute between the various food and drink stations. So to be on the sage side, get there early and be prepared to stay late if the going is good (which it certainly was here!).

No comments:

Post a Comment